Although largely overlooked, a range hood is actually one of the most important appliances in the kitchen. They are designed to remove odors, heat and smoke that can occur while cooking. If you do not have a range hood, we strongly recommend installing one. Apollo Heating and Air Conditioning of Minneapolis, MN, shares the following 7 benefits of kitchen range hoods.
- Improved Air Quality. Perhaps the most important job of the range hood is to improve the air quality of your kitchen. Hoods are designed to remove odors, smoke, grease and other pollutants that are released into the air while cooking. The polluted air is sucked through a motorized fan and is either carried outside or filtered and re-circulated. Without a range hood, you and your family will find yourself breathing in the aftermath of dinner, causing possible eye, nose, and throat irritation. In addition, vent hoods help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Studies show elevated levels of carbon monoxide in kitchens caused by using the stove without turning on the range hood.
- Stay Comfortable. Cooking produces a lot of heat which can make a kitchen quite uncomfortable. Another great benefit of range hoods is the removal of excess heat and steam, providing a more pleasant cooking environment for the chef and the rest of the family.
- Less Kitchen Odor. Nothing smells better when you are hungry than a great meal cooking. However, cooking smells can linger long after dinner is over. Turning on your range hood helps suck out unpleasant odors and stuffiness, leaving your home smelling fresh.
- Easier Cleanup. Without a range hood, grease and excess moisture from cooking can create a sticky film that is difficult to clean. Using a ventilation hood will help prevent annoying greasy buildup and cut your cleaning time in half. Proper ventilation also helps to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold, a definite plus for anyone with allergies or asthma.
- An overhead range hood offers additional lighting for food preparation and cooking. The proper lighting also makes clean-up easier and ensures removal of all that hard to see grease and grime. Lighting features can range from basic to state-of-the-art, depending on which model you choose.
- Stylish Upgrade. Range hoods are not only practical, but can also be a stylish addition to your kitchen. These days range hoods come in a wide variety of designs. Shop around to find the perfect fit for your budget, kitchen space, and personal style.
- A Good Investment. Real estate experts agree—if you are trying to sell your home make sure your kitchen is up to date. An attractive kitchen with modern appliances adds major resale value to your home. Choosing the right range hood can make a big difference in the look and feel of your kitchen. You will more than likely see a good return on this investment.
Apollo Heating and Air Conditioning is well known for furnace repair in Minneapolis but also offers kitchen hood venting services. Feel free to contact us with any further questions regarding the benefits of installing a range hood in your home.