Did you know that most people spend the majority of their lives indoors? Because of this, indoor air quality becomes an area of utmost importance. Your air duct system essentially controls the air quality throughout your entire home. Therefore, it is essential that it be kept clean. Contaminants can build up in air ducts and cause or worsen a slew of health problems. Continue reading below to learn about the various health benefits of cleaning your air ducts, as well as various other benefits.
Why Cleaning Your Air Ducts Is Good for Your Health
- Most furnaces have fiberglass filters to stop contaminants. However, these filters are extremely ineffective, so dust and other particles escape and freely circulate throughout your home.
- Many people suffer from allergies expressly because of the contaminants in their homes.
- Those with existing respiratory problems, such as asthma, allergies, and lung diseases, are affected greatly if there are excessive pollutants in the air.
- Polluted air actually has a greater effect on children because they breathe faster, and therefore inhale more contaminants. They are also much closer to ground-level, which is where most particles collect.
- Air pollutants can worsen the symptoms of a cold or the flu, as well as asthma attacks, which happen to be some of the most common causes of emergency room trips.
- Other benefits include the fact that clean air ducts are much more efficient than those clogged with contaminants such as dust and mold and, therefore, will help to lower your utility bill, as well as the fact that pollutants can cause system failures if they are not addressed.
It is extremely simple to determine if your air ducts need to be cleaned. All you have to do is look and see if they are dirty. How often you have your air ducts cleaned is ultimately up to you. For example, if you have a smoker in your home, a pet that sheds a lot, or someone in your house that suffers with asthma, you should probably clean them more often than someone who doesn’t deal with any of those factors. Overall, we want you to live happy and healthily in your home. Look for heating and cooling services in Minneapolis, or in your area, and have them come and clean out your air ducts.