Now that the Minneapolis winter is over, it’s time to start thinking about the summer. You are probably looking forward to days at the pool, baseball, and barbecues. Along with sun comes the heat. When it comes to heating and cooling in Minneapolis, your HVAC system is your best friend. Just like a friend, though, it needs to be treated with care. Without the necessary TLC, you could find yourself left out in the heat this season. If you are looking to get the most out of your system, check out these tips and tricks.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. With the warm weather, chances are you’ll be spending a lot more time outdoors. While you’re out, though, your system shouldn’t be cooling your house to the same degree that it does when you are inside. Investing in a thermostat that you can program will save you loads on your utility bills. Plus, it will save your system from working overtime for no reason.
- Change your filter regularly. Your HVAC system relies on filters to avoid blowing dust, dirt, grime, and allergens all over your home. Over time, these filters will accumulate debris which can prevent your system from doing its job. During the summer, it’s best to replace your filter once a month. This will keep the air you breathe fresh and your home cool.
- Give your system a tune-up. Even the best HVAC systems need to be tuned up. In fact, it’s best to have it done once every year or so. This will ensure that your system keeps working seamlessly throughout the season. Plus, it allows an expert to catch any issues that may need to be repaired before they turn into more costly problems.
- Pay attention to your energy bills. If you have made all of the necessary adjustments to ensure that your system is as efficient as possible, your energy bills should stay at relatively the same level. This is assuming that you don’t drastically change your usage throughout the month. If you begin to notice a hike in your bill, it’s time to take a look at your system. There could be a leak or a needed repair. If this is the case, it’s best to have it fixed as soon as possible to restore your lower cost and keep your system working well.
- Don’t be afraid to upgrade. HVAC systems have a lifespan of 10 to 20 years. If yours is nearing that age, it might be time to look for something new. While it might seem like a costly investment, a new HVAC system will be beneficial for more reasons than one. Not only will it save you money month to month on your energy bill, but it will ensure that the air being blown from your system is as clean as possible.
This summer, don’t let the heat get you down. Take care of your HVAC system and watch it perform seamlessly even during the hottest of days. Getting the best heating and cooling in Minneapolis doesn’t need to be difficult. By following these tips and tricks, your summer will be relaxing and cool.