• Windowless air conditioners take longer to cool off your room.
• They are not helpful in humid and hot climates. These units are constantly pulling in air from the outside to replace the air in the room; they don’t work as well when the outdoor temperatures are hot.
• They are expensive! The windowless unit is continually pulling in warm air from outside; it is not working in a particularly efficient manner, which causes costs to go up.
• They are only effective in one room. Windowless units don’t have enough power to push cool air into your multiple rooms.
• A windowless air conditioner is easy to install. Only a single tube has to go out the window.
• It is not as noticeable as in-window units. It is very difficult to see a unit from the outside of your home.
• A windowless air conditioner can also be a good idea if you are just looking to provide additional cooling in your home and already have central air.
• It is smart to use a windowless air conditioner in a room that doesn’t get cold from your central air system. For a room on the second floor or in a sunny area these units work well.
• Windowless units help control odors in your home. Since they are always getting air from outside the home, these units are particularly good at removing smells, like cigar or cigarette smoke. Or they can help contain odors to a specific part of your house.
A windowless air conditioner may be the perfect way to cool parts of your home but may not be the best option in all situations. They have advantages and disadvantages.
If you have questions about your cooling or heating needs give Apollo a call today at 651-770-0603!